Here is a Hermes checklist I am using for my upcoming Paris trip in a few months. I am using this to keep my on track for trying to score a Birkin or Kelly. Even if I don’t score, I think this checklist could help you if you are trying to.
- Vaccine Pass – You need a vaccine pass to access most public buildings in Paris & France
- Bank card in Euros – Save $$$ by having Euros on your debit card. Put USD as a backup on another card and tell your bank you are travelling so they don’t block the card
- Fully charged phone – Make sure your phone is fully charged as sometimes the Parisian boutiques send texts telling you to come to your appointment early
- Time allotted – Make sure you have enough time to visit the stores in case you don’t get an appointment. 2 days should be enough time.
- 3 bags in a broad range of colours – Have a list of 3 bags in a defined but broad range of colours i.e you want a Kelly 25 in Craie, Nata etc so the SA has an idea of what you are looking for.
- Business card – Take a business card with you in case you hit it off with a SA who may want to sell you other items (they ship for VIPs and big spenders)
Don’t hesitate to go to the stores and wait for a cancellation if you don’t get an appointment. Let me know how you get on!