I wanted to share a bunch of quick tips and phrases that you can use when you go luxury shopping in Paris as a tourist. I will be there in 2023 so I will have an updated guide ready but this post can be used in the meantime if you are planning a trip there.
Tips to follow
- Say hello in French in luxury shops – Just say hello. It goes a long way to being polite. Basically all SAs in Paris speak English and other languages but again it’s polite.
- Go browsing in department stores – Service is better in flagship boutiques if you are buying. I find that the Parisian department stores are browsing friendly and they don’t expect you to buy so if you want to browse go to department stores.
- Use common sense – Be safe and use common sense. Don’t take unnecessary risks that you wouldn’t take at home
- Get your cards approved for huge purchases before travel – Sometimes banks can block big purchases for fraud prevention. Let them know before you travel.
- Be clear you are purchasing to get good service – Let them know you are here to buy X. It helps to get better service especially at flagships.